Ljubljana Daily Photo

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A new beginning.


Today is the first day of something that will hopefully go on to last for as long as I do.
I'm an English 22-year old lad, and I've been living in Ljubljana, Slovenia for a little over 2 years now. It's a very liveable city, and there's not a lot of bad to be said about the place.
But, that doesn't mean that I don't sometimes get a little homesick, pining for my hometown of Brighton. When I start feeling like that, I usually find some pics on the net and then just let my mind drift back there for a few minutes. Then, when I've perked up, I get back to the normal life.
This morning was just one of those times, and I came across a blog right here on Blogspot, www.brightondailyphoto.blogspot.com And it made me feel good. It also did something else. It pointed me in the direction of blogs from all over the world offering daily photos of their city. Then I decided; I will give one to the world, showcasing Ljubljana.
So, I grabbed my camera, took a stroll through the heat of the day up to the castle, and took my first couple of pics. I will do this every day from now on. Sometimes I'll give u one pic for the day, sometimes 2, and maybe, just maybe, sometimes 3. Depending on what I've got, and what goes together.
So, check back daily, add me to your favourites, and enjoy the first pic.

This is one of the entrances to the castle. Today, for some unknown reason, this entrance was closed. This turned out to be a good thing, as it meant that I could take a clear shot without all the usual tourists blocking the way.

8 Comments:

At 3:28 pm, Blogger Ham said...

Welcome aboard! Looking forward to visiting Lu.. lje...Lubjub....your city over the days to come! Drop me a mail (address on my page) and I'll fill you in on resources.

 
At 6:22 am, Blogger Louise said...

Welcome to the daily photo team. I look foward to finding out more about ljubljana- it is such a cool name for a place-how on earth do you say that?

 
At 12:55 pm, Blogger ljubljana_photo said...

Thnx for the warm welcome.
As for pronunciation of the place, to the outsider it is usually said as Loobyana, or Loobiana. This is the norm.

But to the locals, the true locals of Ljubljana, it is said as Looblana.

Hope that has cleared things up ;)

 
At 10:00 pm, Blogger chris.h. said...

NOW I understand why you think Brighton is the best city in the world!! Welcome to the madness that is DP!!

 
At 12:03 am, Blogger Grant F said...

welcome to the DP world Ljubljana! Nice to have Slovenia represented here!

 
At 6:44 pm, Blogger 2hot4u said...

i'll be watching u

 
At 8:15 pm, Blogger Seesaw said...

Ljubljana castle is a beautiful place. Very nice photo.

 
At 5:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! video editing schools

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Consolidate Loans
Consolidate Loans Counter